What should you do if your Fresno home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your property – and your loved ones – against the many risks you may face, like break-ins, flooding, and fire. Even though your home may be ready, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Fresno home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is likely to be jarring, disorienting, and may incite panic. Your best choice is to stay calm and abide by these easy suggestions.
Steps to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Fresno Sounds
You never want to be in this situation, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system originally. You’re woken up in the wee hours of the morning with the unmistakable sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been tripped. Now what is your next move?
- Stay calm. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is racing. But keeping a cool head is the best way to appraise the situation. Avoid the temptation of trying to handle the emergency alone and permit your monitoring staff and first responders to carry out their job.
- Take care of your family. Your primary concern should be your loved ones and moving them out of danger. In the case of a intrusion, this might mean moving to an appointed safe zone as far from access points as possible. The trespasser was likely already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or a fire, you need to leave your house immediately.
- Grab your phone. Most people keep their phones with them all the time these days, but you could neglect to pick it up during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring professionals and obtain updates through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in Fresno goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring specialists will act immediately. Their first step is to confirm your alarm, and that includes reaching out to you. The protocol they abide by is dependent on the type of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is of a medical nature, a single effort will be made to get in touch with you before assistance is deployed. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most frequent sort of alarm - a monitoring agent will follow these procedures to reach out to you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you through the central command panel. You will typically be asked for a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t result in a response, a call is attempted to your primary contact number.
- An alternate number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, area police officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring professionals will attempt to reach you again after emergency personnel are alerted.
If you're not in a position to communicate with the monitoring team, don't worry. Assistance will still be deployed even if you're not able to verify the emergency.
Be prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Fresno
Be prepared for any emergency with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Fresno from Vivint. Contact (559) 354-6624 to start the customization of your home’s security today.