Ways to cut down on false alarms in Fresno
False alarms can be a real problem for your home’s security. They're not only costly and time-consuming, but they might even decrease the confidence you have in your equipment. Luckily, you may do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your Fresno home security system.
First, be sure that everything is installed properly. This might appear to be common sense, but it frequently happens that overlooked miscues trigger false alarms. Secondly, watch out for potential causes of false alarms, like entry points that may be kept ajar inadvertently. And of course, don't hesitate to integrate the extra tools like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Fresno.
Might it be really that straightforward? Read on and discover for yourself.
Many false alarms in Fresno could be averted
Just like you would address any issue, the first thing to do is reference the manual. Ensure all devices are set up properly from your end by:
- Performing a system analysis via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually check each device to be certain it didn't become dislodged or need a battery change.
- Check your preset schedules to make sure that your system isn’t arming at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all integrated smart implements are installed properly and aren't interfering with your alarms.
Contact your Vivint representative if you are still having trouble cutting down false alarms in your Fresno system. They'll be pleased to send out a trained expert to inspect your setup.
Investigate your doors and windows
If your system appears to be installed properly, the subsequent course of action is to do a sweep of your property. Are your windows and doors shut tight, or might there be a few mistakenly cracked? If an access point remains open, it might activate an activated sensor. If your household consistently neglects to secure an entrance, you might want to install a smart locking system that automatically locks when your system goes live. Unfortunately, windows need additional hands-on attention, mainly if you have a loved one who prefers to rest with an open window. Fortunately, your Vivint alarm system makes it easy to turn off that device while still shielding the remaining areas of the house.
Home automation is a great way to cut down on false alarms in Fresno
One of the best methods to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to incorporate smart home automation into your security system. When utilizing your Vivint app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and avert false alarms that result from mistakenly unlocking a door or window. Then have it automatically set again at night as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to disengage whenever your smart front door lock is initiated with the right PIN.
- Set geotracking to arm the alarm if you exit the premises, then disengage when you arrive home for the day.
- Get cell phone updates when your components notice abnormal motion or require a battery change.
- Connect your home security to a smart home speaker, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Fresno with a Vivint smart home system
Greater command over your alarm system equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To build your Vivint home security system, call (559) 354-6624 or submit the form below.