Daily deliveries have become commonplace for numerous people due to the emergence of online shopping. You appreciate the ease of having packages dropped in front of your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those parcels sitting in plain sight are temptations to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a real issue, but you can protect yourself from it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are great tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they give you so much more.
Take a moment to see how they work and why they’ll likely come to be an essential aspect of your smart home.
Advantages of a Fresno video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer a range of advanced features, and the technology continues to progress. You are now able to implement detection zones, communicate with whoever’s at your door, and obtain instant updates whenever a package is delivered.
The easiest way to see how a Fresno video doorbell camera works is to explore the various benefits it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to get this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging theft with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is an effective way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the total picture, and that includes the faces of visitors at your entry and packages on the surface below. Cameras with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision provide a comprehensive perspective.
- Crystal-clear images any time of day: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the purpose of using a doorbell camera? Top models will give you incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You can enjoy instant notifications from video doorbells that can tell the difference between individuals and boxes.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your door? Bi-directional audio lets you find out what they want. You can even take advantage of this helpful feature to frighten off people loitering around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to customize detection zones. Clearly defining the area to be viewed will let you minimize false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the chance to view current and archived video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you may access them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll alert you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even permit you to talk with whoever’s at your door. These components have turned into difference-makers in terms of protection and convenience.